NOTICE: Account creation on the wiki has been temporarily disabled until the wiki is moved to OpenID. If you need an account before then, please request one here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=165868
User talk:Ned Scott
Press the "Add topic" tab at the top to start a new thread/section. Don't forget to sign your posts by typing ~~~~. Messages left here will ping my e-mail so I will be notified ASAP.
I didn't see the other section of the MySQL Howto. Thank for showing me.
2 A glance to my little contribute...
3 NedBot keeps moving an article
- "HOW-TO:" has now become a namespace on the Wiki, rather than being a normal part of the title. Kind of like how there are "User:" and "Talk:" pages. In order to do this without messing things up, all pages with "How-to" or "HOW-TO" in the title had to be moved for a moment, then the new namespace added, then moved back. -- Ned Scott 17:53, 3 October 2011 (UTC)
4 General info and Dharma Guide
I'd like to help out a bit on the wiki, but as you're doing a big overhaul it looks like you might have an overarching plan, and I don't want to step on your toes. Is there anything I should be aware of before delving in, or should I just go right ahead and update pages and fill in gaps wherever I find them?
Also, what's happening with the Dharma Guide? Is this just a straight copy-paste job from the pdf with relevant internal and external links added where appropriate, or is any tweaking required beyond that? Procrastinator 10:03, 6 October 2011 (UTC)
- Right now I have some basic ideas just sort of floating around. User:Ned Scott/idea pad has some ideas put down, and Help:Main page is basically the same thing, but a little better formatted. That's about as far as I've gotten with a formal plan, other than random things that pop up in my head :)
- I'm just doing a pretty much straight copy of the Dharma Guide that Henry Ford made just to see how it looks, and to test out some formatting ideas. The eventual idea is to work it into a "basic/new user manual" as a starting point, and expand upon it from there. Kind of a way to get a jump start on a new user manual in time for Eden's release. There's also another PDF guide out there on the forums that we might also be able to pull from, but I haven't heard back from the author yet.
- A lot of the existing pages will probably be a kind of "advanced users manual" since they go into such detail, while some pages could fall under both manuals. It's all just ideas at this point, though. In any case we'll keep our existing pages in some form or another, so feel free to update and add to them. Feel free to even try out something completely new or draft some test pages if you have ideas. -- Ned Scott 02:39, 7 October 2011 (UTC)
Since your recent changes with the unofficial repsitory wiki list us xbox users can no longer install repositories through the addons4xbox installer. Since the problem has occured there has only been an addition by DMD-XBMC-Addons and your changes to the page. I've checked the DMD addition and everything seems ok so I presume the problem is due to the page change, unfortunately I can't seem to get hold of temhil the author of addons4xbox installer so could we temporarily revert the page to how it was until I can get temhil to make the appropriate changes to his code. Unless you know how to change the code so it works with the new layout, in which case that would be great? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Whufclee (talk • contribs)
- No problem. It might have been when I renamed the headers on the page to only capitalize the first word. Not sure. I've reverted all my December 3rd edits until we know what broke. Let me know if there's anything else I can do. -- Ned Scott 11:53, 5 December 2011 (EST)
Thanks, unfortunately temhil is pretty busy at the moment and doesn't have time to look into the problem with the installer. If it's possible to create a mirror wiki page with the changes made I could take a look at the code and see if I can work out what the problem was, if not then no worries - I have plenty of other projects keeping me busy! If the mirror page is not an option then maybe you'll be ok to leave it as it is until temhil has some free time? We all really appreciate you sorting this, cheers. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Whufclee (talk • contribs)
- A mirror'ed page would be easy, but I'm interested in figuring out what made it stop working. I guess it's time I fired up my old modded xbox, updated XBMC, and see if I can figure anything out on my end. -- Ned Scott 17:36, 5 December 2011 (EST)
6 HOWTO: Install XBMC on a Moneual Labs MonCaso 312 HTPC case
Hi Ned After about a year of delving, I created a much needed HOWTO. Please could you assist me how to add the HOWTO?
Kind regards cyber7 (AKA Aubrey Kloppers)
7 Suggestion for the Comparison_of_skin_features Table
i made a example table header here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Talk:Comparison_of_skin_features Write there what you think Pred 04:39, 29 March 2012 (EDT)
8 Media source types
I want to give an hand on the media source pages. Could you send me general explanation on what should be done?
A rno 06:58, 29 March 2012 (EDT)