This screen was previously known as "Network" in past versions of XBMC. As of v12 Frodo, it is now called "Services".
- Device name
- Displayed name of the XBMC installation when using various network services
- Share video and music libraries through UPnP
- Enables the UPnP server; this will enable you to stream media to any UPnP client.
- Announce library updates via UPnP
- Tells XBMC instances to refresh their library listing when there is an update, when using the above UPnP server.
- Allow control of XBMC via UPnP
- Enables the UPnP client; this will enable you to steam media from any UPnP server (and most DLNA servers) to XBMC, with a control point and control playback from that server.
- Allow control of XBMC via HTTP
- Enables the webserver to control XBMC
- - Port
- Defines the port of the webserver
- - Username
- Defines the username used for the webserver (default : 'xbmc')
- - Password
- Defines the password used for the webserver (default : 'xbmc')
- Web interface
- Select between web interfaces installed via the Add-on Manager
4 Remote control
- Allow programs on this system to control XBMC
- Enables programs on the computer running XBMC to control XBMC via the Web Interface or the JSON-RPC API
- Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC
- Enables programs on any system to control XBMC via the the Web Interface
- Announce these services to other systems via Zeroconf
- Announce the enabled network services using zeroconf.
- Allow XBMC to receive AirPlay content
- Enables AirPlay target server.
- - Use password protection
- AirPlay password protection
- - Password
- Password to be used for AirPlay
7 SMB client
- WINS server