Network services settings are found here. Setup control of XBMC via UPnP and HTTP, configure file sharing, enable zeroconf, configure AirPlay, etc. This section was previously known as "Network" in past versions of XBMC (changed in v12 to "Services").
- Device name
- Displayed name of the XBMC installation when using various network services
- Share video and music libraries through UPnP
- Enables the UPnP server; this will enable you to stream media to any UPnP client.
- Announce library updates via UPnP
- Tells XBMC instances to refresh their library listing when there is an update, when using the above UPnP server.
- Allow control of XBMC via UPnP
- Enables the UPnP client; this will enable you to steam media from any UPnP server (and most DLNA servers) to XBMC, with a control point and control playback from that server.
- Allow control of XBMC via HTTP
- Enables the webserver to control XBMC
- - Port
- Defines the port of the webserver
- - Username
- Defines the username used for the webserver (default : 'xbmc')
- - Password
- Defines the password used for the webserver (default : 'xbmc')
- Web interface
- Select between web interfaces installed via the Add-on Manager
4 Remote control
- Allow programs on this system to control XBMC
- Enables programs on the computer running XBMC to control XBMC via the Web Interface or the JSON-RPC API
- Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC
- Enables programs on any system to control XBMC via the the Web Interface
- Announce these services to other systems via Zeroconf
- Announce the enabled network services using zeroconf.
- Allow XBMC to receive AirPlay content
- Enables AirPlay target server.
- - Use password protection
- AirPlay password protection
- - Password
- Password to be used for AirPlay
7 SMB client
- WINS server