NOTICE: We are having some server issues with downloads and add-ons. See Mirror list for direct download links.
|Live TV and PVR Setup Guide:|
MythTV is a Free Open Source software digital video recorder (DVR) project that is designed to run on Linux, although other operating system packages are available. With MythTV you can watch live TV, schedule recordings, view episode guide information, and many other features you'd expect from a DVR type device. MythTV can also be setup with multiple backends (master/slave) and multiple frontends to spread out the workload of recording, scheduling, and post processing jobs. More information on MythTV can be found on their official website.
The released addon supports MythTV Backend version 0.24 - 0.27.
1 Installing MythTV
MythTV can be setup on a variety of Linux distributions and also on Mac OS X. The MythTV Wiki page has several pages of detailed instruction sets for various distros and tuner types.
2 MythTV quick start guide
If your tuner hardware is not detected or is having issues, check http://linuxtv.org for driver support.
3 Connecting XBMC to MythTV
- Go to Settings -> Add-ons -> Enabled add-ons -> PVR Clients and select the MythTV add-on
- Select "Configure"
In addition the addon supports advanced settings, that can be edited in the addon's settings file:
4.2 Recording template
Configuration of the default rules for new recordings. Recording rule templates have been introduced in MythTV 0.26. For older MythTV versions, please use and configure the addon-Internal template provider.
|Next step:||Configuring XBMC|
- If you're experiencing troubles with the addon, MythTV section of XBMC Forum is the correct place to ask for help.
- Always include a full debug log with the addon setting Include more debug information in the log file enabled. (also please make yourself familiar with XBMC troubleshooting)
- Issues that are only related to this addon (not to XBMC itself or XBMC's general PVR code) should be reported here: https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons/issues (if unsure, ask in the forum first!)
- See Build addon from source to learn how to build addon from the official or from the development repository
- This addon uses the Transifex Localization platform. You're welcome to contribute translations: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/XBMC-Main-Frodo/resource/pvr-mythtv-cmyth/
- MythTV website - http://mythtv.org
- MythTV backend for XBMC support forum - http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=170
- Addon's issue tracker: https://github.com/fetzerch/xbmc-pvr-addons/issues
- MythTV genre colours in XBMC EPG: PVR/Backend/MythTV/DVB-EIT-categories