- Enable Tag Reading
- Enabling tag reading will read the tag-information written in every song. This will slow down read time of large directories (particularly over a network), but will give, if properly named, a better description of your music files. If you wish to have the tag information without having to wait for them to load each time, you can “Scan” your songs from My Music:Songs. This will read the tags of all songs in this directory (and it's subdirectories) and add the information to the database (stored in the “albums” folder). Next time you go into that directory, XBMC will first look for the tag information in the database, which should speed up the directory loading.
- Track Naming Template
- Controls the way that the names of songs are displayed in the UI. In order to function properly, ID3 tags need to be enabled. For a list of options that can be used, see Tags Available for Audio Files *This setting will only effect music viewed in file view or playlists. In library mode the template changes based on the sort criteria (both albums and songs.)*
- Track Naming Template - right
- Works in the same manner as Track Naming Template, but is used for the information on the right-hand side of the UI. It is commonly used to display the length of tracks.
- Search for thumbs on remote shares
- When this option is on, XBMC will search for thumbs on remote shares (which as of the time of writing includes DVD and CD media as well, due to the long seek/read times). This can often slow down listing of network folders quite dramatically (particularly if there are many items that have no thumbs), hence the option to turn it off. If you Scan your music collection while this option is on the thumbs are cached locally, and a reference to the thumb is stored in the music Library. This significantly speeds up listings. Turn the option off after the scan if you have many folders/files without associated thumbs. For more information on creating custom thumbnails, see Thumbnails