MKVToolNix is a free, open source, cross platform suite of tools for MKV files. Tools include mkvmerge, mkvinfo, mkvextract, mkvpropedit, and mmg.
- Joins together several video files into one MKV without reencoding.
- Used to lists the various elements inside of an MKV file, such as audio tracks, video tracks, etc. Will also give codec info and more.
- Extraction of elements of in an MKV file such as tracks, tags, attachments, chapters, CUE sheets and timecodes.
- Edits various properties of an MKV file without remuxing it.
- A Windows OS GUI for mkvmerge.