HOW-TO:Share libraries using UPnP
- For a more complex method of sharing using MySQL see HOW-TO:Sync multiple libraries
UPnP sharing between two XBMC devices is the easiest way to share a library. You can also share multiple libraries, one from each XBMC device, to all the other XBMC devices on the same network. UPnP also takes care of file sharing, so you do not need to do anything extra even if your files are added locally to XBMC.
- For XBMC device A (the "server") go to:
- and enable the UPnP server (Share video and music libraries through UPnP).
- Then for XBMC device B (the "client") go to Videos -> Files -> add videos -> Browse -> (scroll down to) UPnP devices
- XBMC A show up there. Open the share and then hit "okay".
- Give the new video source from XBMC A a name.
- You should now be able to see everything as it is set up on XBMC A on XBMC B.
1 Other guides
1.1 Video guides
- UPnP sharing (as seen in XBMC v12, Frodo)