HOW-TO:Install XBMC for iOS
|iOS||HOW-TO:Install XBMC for iOS|
The current stable release of XBMC for iOS is v12 Frodo.
- To install XBMC for iOS you must have a jailbroken iDevice running iOS 4.0 through 7.0.6. (4.3 or higher recommended)
- For hardware: iPad (1,2,3,4), iPad Air, iPad Mini (1,2), iPhone (4, 4S, 5, 5c, 5S), iPod touch (4, 5).
- If you have any issues, be sure to read the iOS FAQ!
1 Installing from Cydia
And you're done! You should now be running XBMC v12 Frodo for iOS. See here to verify your XBMC version.
Updates for stable releases of XBMC are handled by Cydia and will show up in the "Changes" section when available.
3 Development builds
3.1 Nightly builds
Nightly builds are unstable test builds that have the latest bug fixes and feature additions. They are not fully tested, so anticipate issues and be sure to backup your userdata folder.
- Installing from the command line
- Change history: commit history
- Install iFile from Cydia.
- In Mobile Safari (or any browser that can download files) open
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/darwin/ios/in a web browser and tap the url of the most recent file in that listing.
- Wait for the download to complete.
- Select "Open in..."
- Select iFile from the available apps
- iFile will get a copy of the downloaded file and open an action menu. Select install. When iFile is complete you can tap done at the top.
- In iFile, swipe to delete the downloaded XBMC deb file as it is no longer needed.
And you're done! You should now have the latest nightly build of XBMC for iOS. See here to verify your XBMC version.
3.2 Beta builds
To install v13 beta, follow the nightly build instructions above with one exception:
- replace the url in step 2 with
4.1 Uninstalling just XBMC
You're all done. XBMC will now be uninstalled from your iDevice. If you want you can also uninstall XBMC-IconPack using the same method.
4.2 Removing settings
- From the terminal, run
rm -Rf /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/
- From iFile