Notice to wiki editors only: Database corruption lead to all accounts being reset. You'll have to re-register. Sorry for the inconvenience. Normal XBMC users can ignore this message.
Flirc is a small USB device that plugs into your computer and pairs with your same television remote, or any remote that you want to use. It's basically a universal IR receiver. The best part about flirc is that it mimics a keyboard so every media center application understands it without any drivers. Flirc runs across all platforms.
It is a small project run by Jason Kotzin with a portion of each sale going to a cancer charity
1 User reviews
- For a review please see the XBMC front page article: http://xbmc.org/natethomas/2012/04/15/flirc-a-new-old-way-to-control-xbmc/
- Review - 'FLIRC - the Ultimate XBMC Controller' http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2013/02/flirc/
- The Power Base review: http://www.thepowerbase.com/2012/05/control-your-world-flirc-review/
- Brief endorsement on the unofficial XBMC blog by NateThomas: http://xbmc.us/njbetzen/2012/06/14/a-brief-introduction-to-xbmc-us/
- How To - Raspberry Pi Media Centre with FLIRC Remote Set Up https://www.modmypi.com/blog/how-to-raspberry-pi-media-centre-with-flirc-remote-set-up
- Please visit the flirc forums (http://forum.flirc.tv/index.php?/forum/48-getting-started-with-flirc/) for help getting started with flirc. Please feel free to ask questions in the forum (http://forum.flirc.tv)
- Flirc can be purchased in the U.S.A through http://www.flirc.tv
- For a list of Flirc recommended distributors please see: http://www.flirc.tv/distributors/
- For all UK/EU residents, Flirc is now available via http://www.mannmediacentres.co.uk/
- Flirc is now available for global shipping through ModMyPi at https://www.modmypi.com/shop/flirc
- Flirc is now also available in the UK via eBay and www.flirc.co.uk