Video library/Home videos/custom videos
| Adding videos to the library:
1. Naming files
If you are here looking to see your home videos in the library there are some special considerations you should be aware of. It took 2 days to get it and it is quite simple in hindsight. This wiki page except for this section is mainly for movies that you are adding to your collection that are referenced somewhere by a scraper tool. Here is a list of links you need to know
- adding a source and it looking for your home movies will not make them show up - because your home movie title is most likely not a famous movie title- and cannot be referenced online by the scraper you have chosen. See below for a scraper that 'just uses the filename'.
- add source for a directory JUST FOR your home movies (the how to is near the top - scroll up)
- Either install the brand new 'justUseTheFilename' scraper (manual install for now - working on it) or add nfo files for each file - just read Two guys who have successfully done it - one by movie, other as tv show
- know how to make nfo files for either each directory or each movie to STOP a scrape from happening - read the how to to look for what to name them and know that all you really need for a movie version inside the nfo file is
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <movie> <title>Some title</title> <originaltitle>Some title just in case - you most likely dont need this either</originaltitle> <sorttitle>It will sort by this title if you include it</sorttitle> <genre>HomeMovies</genre> <id>-1</id> </movie>
- realize that xmbc will not look at your nfo files except ONCE. To get a refresh on a whole bunch of files, Exit the Library View (not sure where it is on the atv2 - just go to Files) and on the source you added for your home movies - set content and pick <None>, then do not delete the files, then click OK. Then set content again and re-choose the type as Movie.
If you don't do this, then you will get some light porn artwork for 'Home Movie' and another one for 'ImportExport' which you dont want your kids to ask about. If you have a large collection, the artwork might get worse!