(Redirected from AMLogic)
This is an unofficial list of Android devices that are and aren't working with the current development builds of XBMC. The final stable release of XBMC for Android might have different compatibility, so do not use this list as a guide for buying Android hardware.
1 Basic requirements
- XBMC for Android is still too early in development to have firm hardware requirements. As such, this is subject to major changes. A conservative estimate would be:
- Something similar in spec to the Pivos XIOS (the development target for the initial Android port)
- A NEON compatible ARM processor (for example: Tegra 1/2 probably won't be supported. Tegra 3 is okay.)
- Android 4.0 or newer (might work on older versions such as 2.3, but this is a conservative estimate after all)
- Hardware decoding support in XBMC is likely a must for HD video playback (720+). Don't expect this to work on any device until someone has specifically tested it and can confirm hardware decoding support for that device.
- Avoid hardware that uses the Allwinner series of chips (such as the Allwinner A10). Development is not going well for these devices.
- If your device is listed as not working try a non-neon (Tegra 2) unofficial build. These are not supported by Team XBMC:
- If you are willing to be a tester and give feedback on a prerelease build which includes hardware decoding, visit this forum thread:
This list is probably not that accurate since there's been a lot of recent developments with hardware video decoding
2.1 Set top boxes / sticks
|Brand(s)||Model(s)/Name(s)||Chipset||Hardware decoder (720/1080)||Software playback||Notes|
|Various||Various||Allwinner A10||No||Yes||No||No||Will choke even on some SD videos with software decoding. Generally seen as "avoid" due to development complications with Allwinner.|
|Pivos||XIOS DS||AMLogic||Yes||Yes||?||?||Official development target for XBMC for Android|
|G-box||various||AMLogic||Yes||Yes||?||?||It will playback video that is 1080, but seems to be having issues outputting a 1080 signal. |
|Geniatech||ATV1200||AMLogic||Yes||Yes||?||?||It will playback video that is 1080, but seems to be having issues outputting a 1080 signal. |
|Hardkernel||ODROID: U, U2, X, X2||Exynos4412||No||Yes||Yes||Yes (see note)||Some early work on hardware decoding is being attempted, but even without, it can software decode 1080 on U2 and X2 if overclocked with heatsink. Not sure about U and X. This is a VERY powerful ARM device.|